Friday, July 29, 2011

Simplicity: The Act of NOT Complicating Life

This is a difficult task to achieve for most of us. We have a burning urge to over-think, over-analyze, and ponder upon the simplest of thoughts. If you are shaking your head with disagreement, then jump over to the wonderful pasta recipe. If you are mortal, read along.

Have you ever pondered upon the thought of over-analyzing? Now, that's an accomplishment! You have definitely pushed the limits when you start over-thinking the actual act itself. Bravo, homo sapiens, you shall die happy. Mostly, I am accused of NOT thinking things through; however, being mortal, I have fallen prey to the evil of over-thinking. Regardless, simplicity in thought is a wonderful thing and I aspire to "un-complicate" my thoughts quite often. I tend to cook, workout, run, blog, and engross myself in work. When these activities fail, I turn to the best remedy for mindful living, yoga. I don't practice yoga regularly, so I shall not speak of it. However, I have learned the art and I do lean on it when my Limbic system takes complete control of all logical functions. If you have no idea what I am saying,"google" the human brain and its function. Nevertheless, I shall describe two activities that I do practice regularly, cooking and running. The result of the former activity led to a simple pasta dish. As for the later activity, I am training for a half marathon in Moab, UT. 
Pasta Recipe
Boil whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water, leaving a little water in the pot
Chop yellow zucchini, green zucchini, and green beans
Add your veggies to the pot
Add 2 Tbs of Olive Oil, crushed red peppers, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning
Turn the heat off and add beet greens and  grated Parmesan cheese
Farmer's Market Pasta

Moving on to my second distraction. I love running, and on a perfect day, I can actually perform the act without music. I watch people, enjoy the nature, enjoy the city, focus on breathing, think, and often times stop thinking. It's one of the few activities I perform mindfully. To celebrate my passion for running, I have decided to run The Other Half Marathon in Moab, UT. Southern Utah is a beautiful place and it has an abundance of geographic history. I am looking forward to this race and I will definitely share my tips and my training schedule. I know I have a few readers who love fitness, so feel free to weigh in. I always love receiving fitness advice.

Happy Runnin' Y'all!

6 comments:

shooting star said...

i absolutely love running....i used to run regularly before marriage in lodhi garden..and its such a wonderful place that one does not need music!!....
after marriage, i had to resort to the treadmill in gym, since i had to shift to east delhi and there were no decent parks there!!!

you go gal...!!!! maybe inspired by ur experience(coz i trust you to do a post on ur experience!!), i may be able to muster confidence to join the delhi half marathon this time!!

Snehal said...

That sounds fantastic! All the best for your preps - I know it'll be a piece of cake for u.

Miles Of Style said...

i can't wait to try out this recipe! its such a lovely change to stumble across a vegetarian yet tasty recipe on the net...thanks for sharing!

Jay said...

looks absolutely yummy...tempting clik..:)
Tasty Appetite

Isabel said...

what a yummy looking pasta dish!

Tanvi said...

I go through phases ... For sometime I will over thing ... and then suddenly i will become all cool smool dot com ... and then back to over thinking!!!

Food, as always looks yummy!!!

♡ from © tanvii.com