Friday, July 15, 2011

The Art Of Drapery: Part 2.1

In the Art of Drapery Part Deux I talked about Rachel Roy's wonderful designs that incorporate pleats and draped styles. Well, as promised, I shall showcase my very first Rachel Roy dress. I wore this dress while hosting a friend's bridal shower. This was a gift given to me from the parental unit :)
With 'Lil Ripp (to your left), My Dress: Rachel Roy Acropolis Dress
 Madame Roy's dresses are wonderful, but I am also a huge fan of BCBG dresses. Their designs incorporate the right amount of pleating that helps accentuate my out of control curves. I wore this black dress while presenting my project at the NIH.

Dress: BCBG, Cardigan: H&M
Food for thought: "My dressing style at a presentation is reflective of how well I know or don't know the topic in hand. One of these days, I might as well show up in a ball gown and talk about a completely foreign topic."  ~ Stolen from a post-doctorate fellow at my department.

xoxo...

Check out my guest entry about summertime boots here :)

11 comments:

Saumya said...

You look hot, Sharan! I love your outfits in both pictures. And totally agree about the BCBG dresses. Btw, I'm reading "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel". Have you checked it out? You may like it.

LV said...

I love both of your outfits! Thank you for your sweet comment:-) come back soon! xoxo

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Ellinor Forje said...

Very nice. I love the colours and structures of the outfits. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

Tanvi said...

You look good! I too like her clothes but I haven't bought any from her label yet!!! May be after I decide to lift the shopping ban! :P
♡ from © tanvii.com

Jay said...

so cute..:)
Tasty Appetite

Angel Garcia said...

That BCBG dress and cardigan reminds me of a classic Chanel look..

All the best, Angel

Isabel said...

i love rachel roys clothes :)

Miles Of Style said...

you look absolutely gorgeous Sharan! love ur dress...its just perfectly feminine and the draping is exquisite!!

fashiongamble said...

just found your blog
love it!

Check out my new post.: Lost sommer
Would love to have you as a follower.pas

Fashion Meets Food said...

Loving the outfits doll!!!

xo

ClassyandFabulous said...

that dress is very chanel:)